By employing Jenny’s services you are agreeing to the following:
- Your session fee covers the cost of your photoshoot and is payable on booking to confirm your date. (This term is not applicable for competition winners).
- For location photoshoots, expenses for travel will not be charged for the first 10 miles from Bray. Following this, each mile will be charged at 45p and costs will be agreed with you in advance of the photoshoot. Travel time will be incorporated into your photoshoot costs and will be agreed with you in advance.
- For location shoots, if the weather is torrential and the photoshoot cannot take place, Jenny will contact you and the session will be agreed to be rescheduled or shot at Jenny’s studio instead. Clouds, wind, light sprinkles aren’t a problem and Jenny will usually go ahead in this cases.
- Jenny will endeavour to take all the photographs discussed. However, with small children this may not be possible due to circumstances beyond our control. However, Jenny will get as close to the requirements as is possible on the day.
- Jenny will re-take any photograph where she has seen that someone has blinked, but cannot guarantee that everyone will have their eyes open in large groups of people. Photoshop editing is often possible to rectify this, and will be chargeable at the current hourly rate where required. The cost will be agreed with your at your viewing.
- Jenny cannot offer free or discounted re-shoots on the basis of client regret over wardrobe choice, location choice, etc.
- Should you require to rearrange your photoshoot, you are allowed one event of rescheduling. However, please give Jenny as much notice as possible, and please note there is no need to reschedule for minor skin injuries as these can be rectified in Photoshop. The first rearrangement must be within one month of the original booked date, and this will be at no additional charge. If the rearrangement is more than one month later or if a second rearrangement is required the cost of the session fee will become payable again.
- Should you need to cancel your photoshoot, please note that session fees are non-refundable.
- In the unlikely event that Jenny has an emergency or is ill, Jenny will rearrange your session with you. This will not count as one of your re-arranges in the point above.
2.Edit, Viewing and product orders
- Jenny will review and select the best images to present to you at your viewing. Jenny will outline the approximate amount in your viewing confirmation email.
- There is a minimum product order value of £150 per photoshoot and £250 for sessions incorporating photoart. This payment will be due at your viewing and ordering session and will become part of your product order value. Where viewings are being carried out remotely, this amount will become due within two weeks of images being loaded online. Midweek double and triple shoots have a minimum order of £100 per photoshoot, and payment will be due for your bundle upon delivery of your images from your first photoshoot.
- Should you need to move your viewing session or fail to attend, the minimum order value will become due on the original viewing date. This amount is payable to cover the review and editing time required, and hence is payable even if products are not ordered.
- The viewing session provides the opportunity to order portraits and products and is the best time to order as you will be viewing your images on a large screen. However, at your viewing, should you decide that you require more time to decide your final images and products then this is fine, but you will be requested to make a payment against the likely order value which must be equal to or exceed the minimum product order value. Any additional monies owed once your final order is placed will be due on order.
- Second viewings are not usually required, and are only generally necessary where there is a strong design element to an order. Second viewing charges will not be charged where product order values exceed £750, but will be charged at £50 for order values below £750.
- Minor blemishes and fluff, small marks on clothes will be taken out of your final images within your product charges.
- Major retouching or airbrushing can be carried out at an additional charge. The charge will be based on the time required for the work and the current hourly rate. The cost will be agreed with your at your viewing.
- Product sizes are approximate and your final product may be very fractionally smaller or larger than the stated size.
- For frames, the sizing given is the glass size, and where image sizes within the frame are discussed, the final image will be approximately 4.5mm less on each side as the portrait sits behind the aperture.
- Pricing and products are subject to regular review and change. Re-order prices are those stated at the time of placing the order.
- Payment can be made by card, cash, cheque (payable to Jenny Birchmore) or via bank transfer.
- It is the customers responsibility to ensure that sufficient wall fixings are used to mount the finished product on the wall. Jenny Photography will take no responsibility for damage or breakages to the finished product once it has left the studio and is the customers posession.
- In the extremely unlikely event that you are not happy with your images, and this is at no fault of your own, then Jenny will organise a re-shoot with you.
3.Copyright and Data Storage
- The 1998 Copyright Act assigns copyright to Jenny Birchmore, Jenny Photography. At no time shall any of Jenny’s work be saved to a computer/hard drive, shared online or printed without express written consent. This is a breech of copyright and illegal. If you purchase the digital files, these releases will be included. However, any blog posts or Facebook images posted by Jenny Photography may be freely shared with your friends and family by way of a link back to the original content.
- Photographs taken by Jenny may be used for the purposes of display, advertising, portfolio, website (including Jenny Photography website, Jenny Photography Facebook and partner websites) or any publication to promote Jenny Photography. However, client names will not be given unless expressly agreed with you in advance. Any concerns with any use of images must be raised with Jenny prior to or at your photoshoot and Jenny will confirm any changes you require to this in writing
- Digital files are endevoured to be retained for a minimum of 2 years following your order. However, Jenny can take no responsibility for storing your files after your viewing. Please note that where orders have not been placed, your images will only be stored for a maximum of three months following your photoshoot unless there are exceptional circumstances that must be agreed with Jenny in writing.
- In the extremely unlikely event of data corruption and loss of images, Jenny will re-arrange your photoshoot should major loss have occurred. This will be at no charge to yourselves. Jenny will not be held liable for any claims for clients time but will reimburse petrol costs at a rate of 45p per mile where the client lives beyond 10 miles of Bray.
- In the extremely unlikely event of a complaint please notify Jenny immediately so Jenny can endeavour to rectify the issue.
- The responsibility of Jenny or her suppliers (including professional processing laboratories, framing suppliers, postal and delivery agents) to compensate the customer in the case of negligence or breach of contract is limited to the cost of the booked service at the time of booking.